10 July 2013

Verifiably Insane

I've always heard the phrase "I'm going insane." or "Ugh, this is driving me crazy!" It's amusing to me how American slang or vernacular sometimes has barely anything to do with the word upon which it was originally derived.

Today I pondered on how I have felt like I've been more in touch with the inner workings of my mind. I've been discovering patterns, linking seemingly disconnected things together, and finding logic behind the illogical.

Then it occurred to me... what if those things aren't connected? What if I'm literally losing my mind.


It's an unsettling feeling to think you might be actually slipping away from your grip on reality. I feel like I can't find a solid ground for my thoughts. They're disjointed and moving so rapidly that it's difficult to focus on anything completely.

What if I really am going crazy? Sometimes... it's like I don't even know what's real and what isn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment