15 August 2013

Slightly better

Sometimes when a manic episode switches directly to a depressive one my brain goes into overload. I literally feel like my skin is on fire, and I scratch at it and feel like I'm suffocating, and, yes, it's like there's a screaming in my head that won't go away. It is an excruciating experience that I wish was one that I would grow out of, but so far in the last 14 years that unfortunately has not been the case.

I miraculously willed myself to leave my room, and with a silent embrace from my husband and the help of my three-year-old daughter singing "I'm a Little Teapot" several times I was able to emerge from that disastrous hour and a half relatively unscathed. Now I'm encompassed with fatigue, weighing down absolutely every molecule of my body, but I'll take that over screaming death-rage any day.

...Sometimes it's a wonder I'm alive at all.

1 comment:

  1. It's because you have people who love you praying for you... I love you!

    ReplyDelete