20 April 2013

Oy vey, Ovaries...

Almost every day of the last 3 weeks of the pregnancy I was cramping. I miscarried and fully expected the pain to subside with the bleeding, but it didn't. In fact it's gotten worse. Every day I am assuaged with sharp stabbing cramps at some point in the day around both of my ovaries... lovely...

After my father scolded me for not going to the doctor I went to the hospital on Monday, April 15th. My hcg level was still at 10 - quite low, but not at 0 where it should have been already. I went to an ob/gyn on Friday the 19th to have a pelvic exam, and now I have to go to the radiology center in the hospital to have a pelvic ultrasound on Monday the 22nd.

It's probably just some cysts, but I come from a family of sisters that tend to imagine worst case scenarios in prolific and elaborate ways. I couldn't sleep a couple of nights ago, so I began to look up ovarian pain, etc, and by 3 in the morning I was positive I had ovarian cancer. Ha. It would truly take a miracle for me to get over something like that, so I'm just going to keep hoping that it's a couple of cysts that got twisted or ruptured instead.

Still, if it is the worst case scenario I would like to document noteworthy physical changes to my body in the last several months.

The faint of heart and the faint of butt should stop reading here:
(That's a joke from homestarrunner.com)

August - September 2012 - Lost 15 pounds for seemingly no reason
October - November 2012 - Lost 5 more pounds for no reason
January - March 2013 - Significant changes in bowel habits.
February 16th 2013 - Period is 6 days early
February - April 2013 - Gained 7 pounds
March 18th - April 4th, 2013 - Pregnant and cramping, only a little nauseous
April 4th - April 11th 2013- Miscarriage, Sharp Pain, Cramping, Blood Clots Galore
April 2013 - present - Fatigue stacked on top of my normal fatigue, hard to stay awake at nights, brain fog, Nauseous for no reason on and off throughout the day
April 12th - present- Progressively more and more cramping and sharp pains on both sides of my Uterus, occasional lower back pain, stomach (which had flattened out a bit after miscarrying) is bloated all the time
April 15th - present- Not hungry, I feel stuffed after eating a few bites, so tired I can hardly stay awake day or night.

It's probably just cysts, but I want to have all this written down in case it's not...

No comments:

Post a Comment