22 April 2013

Pelvic Ultrasound

I went in for an ultrasound today and was told to drink 32 oz of water an hour before my appointment. Let me tell you - I had to pee like a race horse by the time I got in there. The nurse told me that a full bladder helps push the uterus forward so they can get a better look. Yeah, well, it still wasn't a good enough look for a regular ultrasound, so I had to have a trans-vaginal one... I would hate to have that job. lol

So the lady's looking at my uterus and can't get the right angle because my uterus is tilted apparently... this day just keeps getting better and better. Finally she looks at my ovaries. My right one looked like some kind of awesome monochrome avocado:



That white line underneath was from when they measured the sound inside it I guess? It was a fuzzy, flat sound, and the lady didn't seem too concerned.

Then for the left ovary....

It's like... the ghost of ovaries past... lol. Well, obviously it looks different, and it looked bigger from what I could tell. After measuring the size (which I didn't think to write down) the lady listened to the sound inside of it and got very clear reverb. It had a pretty steady beat and reminded me of the pulse of a heart. But what concerned me most was the nurse's reaction. She sighed, and it sounded like a worried sigh.

She quickly took some pictures of something called an adnex (I'm not really sure) on both sides and told me that a radiologist would study the data, call my doctor, and I would know their consensus by Wednesday at the latest.

Meanwhile, I'm in pain, hoping the kids will survive my lack of proactive parenting, and wondering what the heck "internal echoes" are...


No comments:

Post a Comment