17 October 2012

Bipartisan Bipolarism

Since being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder two weeks ago I've been trying to connect it to my past behaviors/daily activities. Everyone's talking politics lately, so of course it's been on the tip of my brain, and this morning as I ate some Cracklin Oat Bran (the best cereal of all time) I had a startling epiphany. I tend to agree more with Democratic ideals when I'm having a manic episode, Republican ideals during a depressed episode, and some sort of mushed independent during those "normal" days. Weird... and possibly far-fetched, but still intriguing to think about. Not just my thoughts and feelings may be affected during an episode of that magnitude, but also my impressionable beliefs. Intriguing...

It's like multiple personality disorder for political parties. And I've decided to call it "Bipartisan Bipolarism"...

No comments:

Post a Comment