23 October 2012

Nine Years... Feels Like Yesterday

So here I am, listening to my old music from when I was seventeen, and I realize... It's been nine years. Where did the time go? Of course, over six of those years I've been married to my sweet husband. And over four of those years I've been a mom. But I have the same feelings, the same dreams. When did they fall by the wayside?

I know some of my aspirations will never happen. I remember the point when it was either pursue fame or have a family, and I'm happy I chose the latter. But I still want to feel like I matter in life. I want to make my mark in the world.

And I can't lie, it's difficult not to get down about it. I know my family is more important than all those other things, but every time I feel like I have the time or energy to begin pursuing one of my goals in life something bad happens. I feel like my body's crumbling. I'm getting older, less resilient. And yet, my mind is still on fire, yearning for greatness.

Don't worry... I'll get over it. I always do... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment